Student Opportunity: Graphic & Web Design Assistant
April 16, 2019
Graphic and Web Design Assistant
Eligibility Requirements: sfs.yorku.ca/employment/workstudy
Applications are only accepted through the YorkU careers site
Apply here: careers.yorku.ca/online-system/
Applications due April 29th
Questions to email@example.com
Duration: May – August (16 weeks)
Approx. 10 hours per week
Under the direction of the Director, the Graphic and Web Design Assistant (GWDA) develops, designs, and produces both print and digital Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research (DIGHR) communications material including but not limited to graphics relating to research activities on the website, social media, press releases, brochures, and presentations.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Director to research, develop, edit, and produce communications materials such as web and report contents, graphics, and layouts as required.
- Develop outreach and communications strategies such as creating written and visual content related to research, events, and activities.
- Work with researchers on synthesizing research findings for creating clear language research summaries (using accessible language to describe complex concepts, i.e., science for the non-scientist).
- Manage the main DIGHR website including implementing changes on WordPress including template, widgets, advanced settings for displaying content, etc.
- Act as a first responder to incoming and outgoing queries including social media and other web-based technology.
- Conduct research on web activities of other global health institutions.
- Create and manage micro sites for future events, as needed.
- Support research teams with frontend development, such as data visualization.
- Stay in regular contact with supervisors and meet regularly to keep all parties informed.
- Act as a representative of the DIGHR at events as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.