The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research provides dynamic experiential education opportunities for students through our trainee program.
Trainees work in a professional environment to support high-calibre research in the areas of Global Health & Humanitarianism, Planetary Health, and Global Health Foresighting. Most positions are directly involved in research projects. A limited number of opportunities exist to support research through communications, event planning and administration.
Work-Study (Research at York)
- Current undergraduate student at York University, enrolled full/part-time in a program related to an available position
- Meet eligibility requirements of York University
- Positions are offered for Fall/Winter (Sept-April) and Summer (May-August) terms
- Positions are paid
- Typically up to 10 hours/week
- Students apply to positions as individuals. Positions are posted on this page and announced in our newsletter, on twitter and on facebook.
- Student enrolled in any post-secondary institution
- Students must be able to work on-site at York University
- Arranged through the school, program or course director
- Unpaid, typically for course credit
- Typically up to 10 hours/week, or as set by practicum requirements
Program & Course Directors
If you are looking for practicum opportunities for your students, please email [dighr]@yorku.ca with the following information:
- Your school, program and/or course
- Number of practicum positions you would like to arrange
- Summary of what you are looking for through the practicum
- What aspects of the Dahdaleh Institute the practicum relates to (ex. specific research theme, research project, etc.)
Please note that we have a limited number of practicum placements every year.